The bylaw was approved by the members June 14, 2014.
(Last updated January 28, 2013)
The AFCI Expense Policy pertains to members of the Board of Directors, Faculty and Staff.
- All expense claims must be recorded in the appropriate column on the Expense Report Form (including the meeting/event for which the expenses were incurred, the parties incurring the expenses) and submitted to the AFCI office within two weeks of the meeting/event.
- AFCI will not reimburse expenses submitted more than three months after the date of the meeting/event.
- Original receipts must be submitted for all expenses claimed. Scanned copies of original receipts will also be accepted via email, sent to the AFCI Office.
- Travel expenses:
Eligible expenses to attend board meetings or AFCI courses are the lowest of either (a) or (b):
- Reimbursement will be made for the lowest possible airfare available from place of residence to location of meeting, plus transportation (please use a hotel shuttle if available) from the airport to the hotel and return.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the rate of .50 cents per kilometre from place of residence to location of meeting, plus parking charge, if required.
- Overnight accommodation will be reimbursed for bedroom if required as a result of arrival/departure times of meeting.
- Meal allowance:
- You may choose to have either a per meal reimbursement or a per diem rate of up to a maximum of $55.00, with receipts.
- AFCI provides breakfasts and lunches at its courses for faculty. If you do not wish to have the breakfast or lunch offered at the courses, you must let the office know in advance so that arrangements can be made with the venue to reduce the head counts for meals.
- If a person chooses to have the breakfast and/or lunch offered at the courses, AFCI will deduct from the per diem $10.00 for breakfast and $12.00 for lunch. The remaining balance of $33.00 can be claimed for dinner, with receipt.
Please use the attached form when submitting expenses. Please record the TOTAL amount of each receipt, including taxes, under the appropriate category (travel, accommodations, etc) and then the office staff will calculate the tax amounts based on your receipts. That is why the GST/HST row says “for accounting dept.” Please contact the office if you have questions.